One of the most important infrastructure issues in Germany is the expansion of broadband. With the Federal Broadband Office (BBB), atene KOM GmbH has taken on an important task regarding communication and information on this topic since December 2010.
The BBB is a competence center of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI).
The BBB is the central point of contact for all interested communities, companies and last but not least the citizens. This is where information is collected, evaluated and passed on and where strategies are developed.
The aim of the BBB is to support the development of broadband, which includes:
- Speeding up the nationwide rollout of broadband in Germany
- Maintaining contact with the competent authorities of the countries
- Development of guidelines on current topics
- Organization and monitoring of dialogue events, workshops and seminars
atene KOM responsibilities
atene KOM GmbH is responsible for the operation of the Federal Broadband Office as a competence center of the BMVI and as the national Broadband Competence Office (BCO) which includes:
- Pooling of organizational and technical solutions of the companies and integration with local, regional and national framework conditions
- Establishment and maintenance of contact with all relevant actors and ongoing communication
- Targeted identification of possible solutions
- Answering questions about the expansion of broadband