Geodata Manager / Geodata Analyst
atene KOM GmbH is a pan-European company with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Brussels, Kiev and Tirana. Since 2007, we have been a successful facilitator between business and the public sector and, with over 500 motivated employees, one of the fastest growing tech companies in Germany. We offer consulting and management services on regional development, digitalization, mobility, energy and education for the public sector. In addition, atene KOM coordinates the processing of EU and federal funding in project and financial management. We are among the top 100 most innovative medium-sized companies in Germany and thus among the innovation elite in Europe.
We are looking for a Geodata Manager / Geodata Analyst for our office in Tirana to support the team of Application Development as well as Geoinformation Systems and Business Intelligence. This is a position with a 40h week. For our experts team, we are looking for bright minds with fresh ideas who enjoy shaping the future of our company and thus contribute to our success.
We invite you to actively shape innovations and digitalization and to grow together with us! What are you waiting for?!
Your area of responsibility:
- Preparation, analysis, and visualization of a wide variety of data with a focus on geodata
- Responsibility for data analyses of individual projects
- Creation of cartographic products
- Support for ML / AI projects with self-recorded sensor data
- Conceptual design of data structures together with Data Engineers, Data Steward and Data Warehouse Expert for internal and external projects in order to increase data quality
- Supporting product owners in identifying data products
- Presentation of results to the team and stakeholders
What you bring with you:
- Completed studies in geoinformatics, data science or a comparable education in the field of data analysis / data management.
- Knowledge in Python ([geo]pandas, Jupyter) and SQL (Postgres/PostGIS)
- Knowledge of open source GIS applications (QGIS, Geonode, and Geoserver).
- First knowledge in the use of municipal geodata
- Knowledge of theories of data visualization with a focus on cartographic products
- Knowledge of git and agile processes is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Ideally knowledge in creating data pipelines (preferably with Airflow) as well as in AI and ML (TensorFlow & Keras)
- You have analytical thinking skills, an independent way of working as well as personal initiative
- Very good knowledge of English (German is a plus)
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to make a big difference in a great team, to contribute your own ideas, develop yourself personally and professionally and a lot of fun at work
- Flexible working hours in an agile working environment and great opportunities for the future
- Varied range of tasks in a fast-growing and innovative company with flat hierarchies and an international orientation
- Responsible, cooperative, and fulfilling teamwork
You too can become part of our success story:
If the job profile appeals to you and you meet at least 70% of the requirements, please send us your application with detailed documents (motivation letter, CV, degree, certificates etc.) and salary expectations to: [email protected]
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.